I used to do a lot of business in Milan and Rome Italy. I traveled so often I lived there for a while. One day I was in Milan waiting for a bus to go to my friends house in Pavia (just south of Milan). As I stood at the bus stop, a very large tour bus loaded with Americans pulled up. Each face was up against the bus windows looking out. I couldn’t help but feel they were in Italy but not really. Totally insulated from the real Italy.
Large tour buses typically take their people to tourist places that don’t serve the really great Italian food. Why do so many people go on tours? Are they afraid? Is it the Language? Do they feel they might miss something on their own? We will be addressing each of these in the upcoming BLOGs. Stay tuned!
If you take tours, let me know why?
See you on your trips,
George & Jo Anne
- Paul Talks | Milano Unica – 8 February 2013 (paulsmith.co.uk)
- Milano on a dime (offtonomadsland.wordpress.com)
- Milan – with our own personal tour guide – Milan, Italy (travelpod.com)
- Milano (smaxtastic.wordpress.com)
- Welcome to Milano! (toyajohnson777.wordpress.com)