I get emails on airfares to my favorite destinations all the time. I have great non stop flights from Philly to Paris and Rome. Some airfares that look to good to be true … ARE! They are multiple stops which may be OK but the layovers can be 8 to 20 hours or more. Do you really want to add that kind of time to a flight that is 8 to 10 hours non stop? I don’t! Check your deals to see if they really are good deals or not. Do what’s best for you.
The discount websites usually do not offer discounts on flights but can add a room with a flight for very little money. Watch where these hotels are located. If you are going to Rome you do not want a hotel out at the airport (Fumicino). It is way to far out of Rome. Get a hotel within the old walled part of Rome. Stay away from American big named hotels. They are usually very expensive. We enjoy small local hotel with a private bath (Check on this since some hotels have public baths that are shared).
George & Jo Anne
- Do you have the Itch to travel? (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- How to Avoid Vacation Credit Card Debt (debtconsolidationusa.com)
- Budgeting: Save Money on Travel (quicken.intuit.com)
- Short Course on Travel – What You Should Know (zohrbak.com)
- Best travel dates to get lowest airfares (woai.com)
- Trip advice and tips for Europe (sparkles9725.wordpress.com)