We have bought an apartment in southern Italy and are planning our first trip of 10 days. We had a kitchen and bed installed so we can live there short term. On the drive from Rome to Velina we will spend a night in Positano. Yes it’s beautiful but this stop is practical! We are going to buy ceramic dishes for the new apartment. Then a stop at IKEA in Salerno to get sheets, pillows and what not. We also need to find small local stores for things like a toilette seat, towels, and of course the important first night staple of crusty Italian bread, cheese and a bottle of local vino. Hopefully we can do all this and make it to our place before the sun goes down. Using your Italian keys for the first time can be a daunting task. Which key does what? Will the clicker open the automatic gate that guards the property?
Once inside we can sit on our deck, eat some bread and cheese and sip vino while watching the Mediterranean Sea and the huge mountains all around us. Yes life is good. Then we have a week to explore our new home. Make some friends and find great new restaurants.
- Amalfi Once Again … (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- Setting up an Apartment in Italy (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- Under the Mezzogiorno Sun (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- Only a Day in Positano? (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- Stairway to Heaven (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- I heart Positano (Treasures from the Mediterranean) (navarrahong.com)
- Crusty Italian Bread (littlesistersweets.wordpress.com)
- Weekend trip to the Amalfi coast (leahschultzabroad.wordpress.com)
- All Blue On Amalfi Coast Italy (artshop77.wordpress.com)
- Postcard Positano!! (elleliberachi.wordpress.com)