Yesterday I spoke about the trip to Velina to setup our new apartment. We will fly into Rome because we can get direct flights on US Air from Philly to Rome. We will rent a car and drive down the autostrada (A-1) towards Naples. Passing Naples we will see Mount Vesuvius and Pompeii. Continuing south toward Sorrento. From Sorrento we climb over the mountain and take the Amalfi Coast Highway to Positano. We will spend a night in this wonderful city on the hill. We have a room at Hotel Villa delle Palme on Via Pasitea, number 252. This is the city of a million steps and one road. Of course we will have lunch (pizza) at our favorite place, Lo Guarracino in Positano on the walkway between the big and small beaches.The next day we will continue on the Amalfi Coast Highway past many small wonderful Italian towns including Amalfi itself. Finally reaching Salerno where we will stop at the IKEA and then get on the Autostrada south again. Exiting the autostrada and going to the larger city of Agropoli and then onto Velina. Getting there takes us right through Italy’s largest national park, Cilento.
- Amalfi Once Again … (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- Campania, Italy (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- Stairway to Heaven (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- Weekend trip to the Amalfi coast (leahschultzabroad.wordpress.com)
- ForReal Lemoncello … Go to Italy’s Amalfi Coast (personalwinemaking.wordpress.com)
- Amalfi Coast. (michaelstravelog.wordpress.com)