Getting to the Amalfi Coast can be confusing and difficult. Here are several ways and comments on each:
- Car – Driving is easy but when you get to places like Positano a car is useless. It is expensive to just park it for a week or longer.
- Taxi or Car Service – Taxis are very expensive but there are private reliable car services that will take you in a nice car to your destination. You have a private driver and get door to door service. These services also leave from Rome
- Shuttle Bus – There is a shuttle bus from Naples airport that can take you to cities along the Amalfi Coast. Shuttle service one way each to Positano is about 35 Euros from Positano Shuttle Service.
- Ferry Service – There are numerous slow & fast ferries (hydrofoils) from Naples port to Capri, Sorrento, Positano, and Amalfi.
- Trains – You can take a train from Rome to Naples or the Naples airport. There are NO trains that reach the Amalfi Coast directly. The mountains prevent easy access.
If you are going to Positano there is a great hotel on the main road through Positano called Villa Delle Palme. Enjoy your trip however you get there. Once at a city on the Amalfi Coast, you can take bus or ferries between the various cities. They tend to get very crowded in the summer especially August.
George & Jo Anne
- Campania Cooking (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- Our Upcoming Amalfi Coast Trip (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- Lemons and Lemoncello everywhere! (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- The Amalfi Coast: A Tale of Two Cities (travelandtourismtoday.wordpress.com)
- Amalfi Coast (brookemgriffith.wordpress.com)
- I heart Positano (Treasures from the Mediterranean) (navarrahong.com)
- Early Bird Specials 2014: The Amalfi Coast (italyonabudgettours.wordpress.com)