Do you like biking? Here is a huge bike race starting in Northern Ireland and going to Trieste Italy. It is called “Giro d’Italia 2014 To Start In Northern Ireland”. It will begin May 9, 2014 in Ireland and will finish on June 1 in Trieste, Italy. While the route changes each year, the format of the race stays the same with the appearance of at least two-time trials, the passage through the mountain chains of the Dolomites and the Alps, and the finish in one of Italy’s most important cities.
If you are a bike race fan, plan on being there for this. Pick your country and date along the tour route.
George & Jo Anne
- Irish clinch Giro d’Italia for 2014 (thelocal.it)
- Giro d’Italia 2014 NI route unveiled (bbc.co.uk)
- Giro d’Italia to pass through Dundalk next May (talkofthetown.ie)
- 2014 Giro d’Italia to honor late rider Pantani (espn.go.com)
- Northern Ireland Gearing Up for Wheely Big Event (belfastdaily.co.uk)
- Next year’s Giro to end in Trieste after Zoncolan (sandiego6.com)
- Giro will be ‘biggest ever NI event’ (bbc.co.uk)