When visiting Europe, we first walk the town to get to know it. We look for small interesting bars for breakfast. Yes breakfast is at a bar in Europe. You get your coffee and something sweet. Some have American breakfasts as well. We like to eat like Europeans when in Europe. We also scout out interesting restaurants for lunch or dinner. In Italy we look for trattorias since the food is excellent and the price is usually lower than a restaurante. If we have rented a place with a kitchen, we enjoy cooking a meal once or twice. So we also look for small grocery stores that have fresh vegetables, cheese, bread and fruits. Cooking pasta with fresh vegetables in Italy is easy, fun and very healthy.
Which ever country and city you travel to, get to know the city, meet the people, enjoy their food and wine. Let yourself relax, loose the stress and be a European for a short while. Your body will thank you.
- Why do we like Europe so much? (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- The Sweetness of Doing Nothing – Rome, Italy (travelpod.com)
- Travelling Europe on the cheap (ichbinhamburger.wordpress.com)
- The Trials and Tribulations of Accompanying an Italian to the Supermarket (shecomesfromboston.wordpress.com)
- America Vs Europe: A Philosophical Difference (londonphilosophy.wordpress.com)