Driving past Mount Vesuvius is an awesome experience. Such power and destruction. Looking at the mountain (see picture) you see what looks like two mountain peaks. It is actually one with the entire center blown out. This cataclysmic blast is what destroyed Pompeii in 79 AD. The blast rose 15 miles up and was moving at 62 miles per hour. No one could out run it!
Follow Me on Social Media
- RT @Pennytrvlwriter: How I Would See #Italy travelblogitaly.com/2017/08/21/how… @georgefebish #traveltips 33 minutes ago
- RT @girlinflorence: What to Buy in #Italy, Away from the Tourist Traps cntraveler.com/story/what-to-… via @CNTraveler https://t.co/AGM6A5t6jC 17 hours ago
- The order in which I would see Italian cities. travelblogitaly.com/2017/08/21/how… 1 day ago
- How I would See Italy travelblogitaly.com/2017/08/21/how… 1 day ago
- It is a wonderful tourist attraction but how should I see it? In what order should I visit its cities?... youtu.be/GdHryl4b0FM?a 3 days ago