Driving past Mount Vesuvius is an awesome experience. Such power and destruction. Looking at the mountain (see picture) you see what looks like two mountain peaks. It is actually one with the entire center blown out. This cataclysmic blast is what destroyed Pompeii in 79 AD. The blast rose 15 miles up and was moving at 62 miles per hour. No one could out run it!
Follow Me on Social Media
- @RhondaAlbom @Pennytrvlwriter You are welcome 3 hours ago
- @travelitalian1 You are welcome 3 hours ago
- @Pennytrvlwriter @RhondaAlbom Great tips Penny 6 hours ago
- RT @Pennytrvlwriter: I love to #travel but hate crowds. Paris France is one of the most crowded cities we know. If you're like me, check ou… 6 hours ago
- RT @Pennytrvlwriter: Whether it be long or short, planned or unexpected, these six practical tips for a journey by train will help make the… 17 hours ago