There are so many reasons to love Italy. So many Americans (Italians and others) love going to Italy. What is our attraction? Why do we long for this small country? Here are some of my many reasons for loving Italy:
- The country side is very beautiful
- The people are friendly
- Italians love Americans
- The food is fantastic (and you can’t get it outside of Italy – it just isn’t the same)
- The wine is superb
- The chocolate is unforgettable
- The gelato is soooo much better than ice cream
- The cities are old (ancient) and the architecture is fantastic
- Each small town has its own appeal
- The autostradas are fast, wide and make driving enjoyable
- The trains work and are very fast
- Italians believe in “Dolce fa niente”!
If you haven’t gone yet, GO! (or as the Italians would say VAI VAI). Life is too short to miss Italy.
George & Jo Anne