So you are traveling to Italy. You will be eating a lot of good food, drinking wine or beer. How can you stop gaining weight?
Sure in Italy it is all good, the wine, gelato, pastries, pizza and great Italian food. How do we enjoy all of these and not put on weight? It’s easy! First Italian wheat has no GMOs. GMOs are associated with weight gain. Their food is still pure and fresh. Second you exercise a lot when you travel in Italy, or you should. I am not talking about a gym. You don’t need a gym. Just walk and take the stairs.
- Hotels – have very small elevators. Use the stairs to your room and to breakfast.
- Around Town – Walk to the tourist sites and restaurants you want to visit. There are great Metros (subways) in Italy but most cities have a small old city areas and it can be walked.
- Steep Cities on Mountains – Cities like Positano are full of stairs and a steep road. Take stairs and if you tired take the road (it is still exercise since it is so steep). We stayed at a place in Positano that was 104 steps above the nearest road.
- Monuments – Museums, churches and galleries have steps. Some do have elevators but take the stairs.
- After Lunch Walk – Italians close businesses after lunch so they can be with family and walk together. Enjoy a slow walk around town. Meet people and greet them.
You will find you can eat like the Italians and keep a trim waist like them as well. You are in Italy so be Italian!
George & Jo Anne