Where to stay in Italy. Of corse there are hotels (small & large) there are also B&Bs but you also have Agriturismi in Italy. These are unique great places to stay and to eat.
Definition: Agriturismo – a combination of the words for “agriculture” and “tourism” in Italian – is a style of vacationing in farm house resorts codified into Italian law in 1985. An agriturismo vacation is suitable for the whole family and some places even be very romantic or luxurious. These wonderful places are romantic farms that serve organic foods usually farmed nearby or on there own property. You can get rooms from very small to large, from simple to romantic. Eat at least some of your meals there to enjoy the local cuisine. They are often in very beautiful areas where the scenery is beautiful. Many have trails and horse back riding. You will soon leave the hectic life behind you. Relax and enjoy life, like the Italians do.
Enjoy not only the exceptional food but the local wine as well. Not many tours show you this side of Italy. Get off the beaten path and enjoy the real Italy not the hustle-bustle life. In small or mountain towns you can find this option. They are typically family run.
- Shop Tuscany, Italy. Bringing wine home – great idea or disaster waiting to happen? (souvenirfinder.com)
- Agriturismo Holidays in Italy (vino-con-vista.blogspot.com)
- “Ideas for romantic Italian holidays Italy is traditionally known as one of the most romantic…” (oliverspostcard.wordpress.com)
- tale of two farms: part 2 (maryelizabethprall.wordpress.com)
- A perfect evening at “Il Pozzo” (ginalondon.wordpress.com)
- Top Ten Reasons to Travel to Italy (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Day 8: Muro Lucano, Agriturismo Nonna Maria and My Grandmother (basilicatasecrets.com)