Last year we took a vacation to Paris with my sister and her husband. After the long flight we made way into Paris on the train. It was quick and bypassed all the traffic. After dropping suitcases off at the hotel, we went sightseeing to Notre Dame. We walked everywhere, following George’s rule to not take a nap but keep busy until evening. Then crash overnight and you are on local time.
Paris is the city of lights, not because there are a lot of lights but because it brought about enlightenment back in the middle ages. People came here to study and show art, literature, science and food. Paris grew as a world capital. Paris is today a city of love. Couples go there for the romance of Paris. Paris Perfect is a BLOG on apartment rentals in Paris and they did a BLOG on what to see. The top sites are all listed in the books and should be on everyone “Don’t Miss List.” The other “Don’t Misses” are the food and wine, the small street markets, the shops and just walking the streets of Paris. Watch the people around you and enjoy your trip. Of course when in Paris you MUST buy a baguette and walk the streets with it. You will look like all the Parisians.
One great way to enjoy Paris is to rent an apartment. If you are traveling with another couple or two, it is usually cheaper and larger than a hotel room. Apartments can put you in an area with the Parisians. Walk to local pastry shops with them in the morning as they go off to work. Our apartment was in a great area of Paris. We had the best Croissant place around the corner and plenty of restaurants and stores. Head to a busy street and buy a baguette, some cheese, meat (if you like), wine and of course chocolates. Then go back to your apartment and enjoy. It is romantic and fun. It is being a Parisian.
Paris is a city you can walk to everything. If the weather is bad or you can not walk well, take the Metro. It is safe, clean and quiet. It can get you everywhere. There are smartphone apps that will take you from where you are to where you want to go. They show where the nearest Metro is, which trains to take and how to go from Metro to your destination.
George & Jo Anne
- Best Valentine’s Day Vacation: Paris, France – The Place You Wanna Be! (epicatravel.com)
- Choosing The Best Paris Hotels For Your Vacation (onlinebesthotelsparis.wordpress.com)
- Paris (nmvrbancic.wordpress.com)
- Mickey and Mini Macaroons: Travel to Paris with Escape Travel’s… (prweb.com)
- A night in Paris… A city to fall in love with or be seduced by? (travelmakerkai.com)
- a rainy afternoon in Paris (peperethecat.wordpress.com)
- Paris Safety Tips (theweekendinparis.com)
- I’d rather be in Paris… A date with the city of romance (travelmakerkai.com)
- Pretty Paris Pictures – Parisian State of Mind (pretemoiparis.com)