Why do so many Americans vacation in Italy and buy homes there? There is a love affair going on between America and Italy. Maybe it’s that we have so many Italians in America and even more Italian restaurants that it feels familiar. I think it goes deeper than that. Italy has obvious charm:
- Old cities with buildings we can’t see in America
- Famous places we read about
- Clean beaches
- Majestic mountains
- Walled mountain top cities that are so unique to us
- Cities like Venice that are unbelievable
- Food that is so much better than anything we get back home
- Cheap table wine that rivals the best of wines
- Italians love for life
- Italians love for Americans
Is it any wonder we love Italy? Where else can you get people who love us, food that is the best, wine that is superb and views that rival any other place? Italy is unique. It was created by violent earthquakes and volcanoes millions of years ago. Today it is a pl;ace artist go to see the wonders of nature. Even places like Vesuvius, a still very active volcano, attracts us like a moth to the flame.
Is it any wonder we look to visits this country over and over again? The views take our breath away. We want a piece of it. If you haven’t yet been to Italy, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Go and see the major cities: Rome, Florence, Naples, Venice and Milan. See smaller cities like Capri, Positano, Amalfi, Verona (Romeo & Juliet). Get off the beaten path and see small walled cities with fantastic views. Experience chocolate in Perugia (home of Perugina chocolates – Baci). Go to Assisi and Siena and our favorite San Gimignano. Don’t miss Tuscany, Orvieto and Pompeii.
Italy has so much to offer it would take a life time to see it all. So don’t wait, get started on your adventure. Be adventuresome, be romantic and enjoy your life.
George & Jo Anne
- More Chocolate … (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- Research before you Travel to Italy (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- A Tale of the Funiculare and the Duomo… (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- Beautiful Verona! (gumbopirate.com)
- I’m Going to Milan (echohuang9058.wordpress.com)
- Off Season. Positano, Amalfi Coast (ruthfiorentini.wordpress.com)
- italy: Venice (oftheitalianlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Dolce Far Niente (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)