This video below shows the coastline from Sorrento to Salerno, known as the Amalfi Coast in the Campania region of Italy. It is a beautiful drive with cities that will amaze you like Positano and Amalfi. The Amalfi Coast is a 28 mile coast road that is truly exhilarating. Most people start this journey from Naples, Italy. Drive south to Sorrento. Here you can get a ferry to the wonderful island of Capri. Just past Sorrento the Amalfi Coast Drive begins. It winds its way past Positano, Amalfi and ends at Salerno. From Salerno you can drive on the Autostrada back to Naples or farther north to Rome. The drive in the summer can be very crowded and take hours. Other times of the year it is a pleasant but hair-raising drive. Enjoy it and stop at its many cities along the way.
This area of Italy is rugged, beautiful and very romantic. Our favorite resort town is Positano. You have everything here:
- Ferries to Naples, Capri, Sorrento, Salerno and many smaller towns
- Great restaurants
- Sites like the cathedral
- Great shops
- Hotels and homes with a breathtaking view of the sea
Isn’t it time you went to the Amalfi Coast? Have a local lemoncello and enjoy life. You might just see Jo Anne at the table next to you with her lemoncello.
George & Jo Anne
- Campania Cooking (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- Transportation to Amalfi Coast (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- Bari Italy a place to visit (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- September is Festival Time in Italy (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- Research before you Travel to Italy (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- Day Tripping – Amalfi Coast to Paestum (dreaminginitalian.org)