People always ask me, “What order would you see places in Italy?” All of Italy is great! You can not make a bad decision! Everyone that has been there has an opinion. This BLOG/VLOG is mine. I would see the famous big cities first because they are important. So the order would be:
But Milan, Siena, San Gimignano, Positano, Capri … are also important places to see.
The only rules I have are:
- Take your time in each place. Don’t rush and try to see all of Italy in a single trip. You will only see the inside of busses and trains.
- Sit at outside bars or trattorias and observe the people (non tourists) around you. Begin to understand Italian life.
- Try to communicate with locals.
- After the big cities, go to small resorts and mountain towns.
- Eat where the locals eat. DON’T EAT AT TOURISTY PLACES!
- Stay in small Italian hotels.
- Go on your own not with large tour groups. If you must use a group, keep it small.
Traveling to Italy is meant to be fun. So enjoy it! Watch our YouTube video below for more tips:
– George Febish