Getting to Europe is easy but can be expensive for most of us. See my tips on cheaper airfares. Once there, you need to move around between countries, between cities in a country and around a city. There are many ways to do this including:
- Metro (Subway)
- Car Services for hire)
- Motorcycles or Vespas
- Tour Busses (Hop on Hop Off)
Watch the YouTube video below for ideas on using these modes of transportation:
Categories: Airplanes, Amalfi Coast, BLOG, Boats, cars, Driving in Italy, Europe, Ferries, Funicular, General Travel, Italy, Italy BLOGs, Madrid, Metro Travel, Phones, Seville, Smart Phones, Spain, Trains, trams, Travel Guides, Traveling without a tour, Valporetti, Vaporetto, Venice, VLOG, Walking, Water Taxi, YouTube
Tags: Airplanes, Boats, Car Services, cars, Cars for Hire, Europe, Ferries, Funicular, Hop on Hop off Bus, Italy, Metro, Motorcycles, Spain, Subway, Tour Busses, Trains, trams, Transportation, Walking
Subregions of Europe (UN geoscheme) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Have you been searching for cheap airfares to Europe? Beware they are all the same but marketing tricks can suck you in. Buying your airfare a year in advance, when they are first available, can cost a big premium. There are some rules to know:
- Off season – If you travel outside the normal tourist season you can get substantial discounts. The destinations are much less crowded as well. You do have to be aware of climate or you could end up in a snow storm.
- Discount Sites – Theses sites usually offer the same prices as the airlines if you are buying only an airfare. They can provide discounts if you add in hotels or car rentals. Hotels can be at a substantial discount.
- Last Minute Travel – If you are retired or have a job where you can travel on a moments notice, you can save substantially. Be aware you might also be locked out from over booking. Airlines drop prices as the departure date nears and there are seats available. The more seats open the more discount they will offer.
- Look 3-4 days around your departure date – Checking prices before and after your departure date may help to find cheaper fares. Flying Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday instead of weekends can save you money. Most airfare sites offer an option to take the dates you entered and show you 3-4 dates on either side. They then highlight the cheapest fares.
Doing your homework and being a little flexible can save you a lot of money. Maybe even your hotel costs.
George & Jo Anne
Categories: Air Fares, Europe, General Travel
Tags: Airfares, Airline, Europe, Fare, Low-cost carrier, No Tour Touring, Recreation, Tourism, Transportation, Travel, Travel and Tourism, Wednesday