Enoteca is a wine bar or library where you can taste several different bottles of wine. You can also buy wine but usually not large quantities. Some serve food with the wine. Italians typically do not drink on an empty stomach so many give free small plates of food.
Categories: Europe, Food, General Travel, Italian, Italy, Italy BLOGs, Wine bar, Wine Library, Wine Repository, YouTube
Tags: emoteca, Italian wine, Wine, Wine bar, Wine Library
Italy (Photo credit: Moyan_Brenn_BE_BACK_IN_SEPTEMBER)
Italy is an easy place to find great local food. It is always fresh and usually organic. Italians love their country, their food and their wine. It shows when you eat in one of their restaurants. I have a few rules about food in Italy:
- Do not eat at tourist places – they are usually close to the monuments tourists go to see. The food is not real Italian. You can find hamburgers, poorly prepared pasta and cheesy pizza.
- Restaurante are top of the line restaurants – They serve excellent food but are expensive.
- Trottoria’s are local food for a moderate price – This is where I like to eat. They are everywhere and have fresh local food prepared correctly.
- Enotecca’s – these are wine bars that allow you to buy and sample different wines. You can usually eat small dishes as well.
Choose wisely and enjoy the food. You don’t need to speak Italian. Just read the menu. Most items are listed the same as in nice Italian restaurants in the states. Point to what you want. Ordering the house wine is usually a treat in Italy. It is very good and inexpensive.
Breakfast is easy! Go to a local bar … that’s right a bar. They serve coffee (espresso or American or Cappuccino) and pastries. The pastries are magnificent. Crispy and light. Normally you pick what you want and eat and then go to cash register and say what you had and pay. Some bars require you to pay in advance and take the ticket to the bar and order your food. Enjoy
George & Jo Anne
- Pasta in Italy (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- San Gimignano, Italy (travelblogitaly.wordpress.com)
- Find The Best Local Italian Restaurant (findinglocalfood.wordpress.com)
- Good Eats Abroad (vacationverseblog.wordpress.com)
- Holidaying in Italy! (freevalscribes.wordpress.com)
- The Food Culture in Italy (rickzullo.com)
Categories: General Travel, Italy
Tags: Food, Italian, Italian cuisine, Italian language, Italian people, Italy, Local food, No Tour Touring, Restaurant, Tourism, Travel, Travel and Tourism, Travel Guides, Wine, Wine bar